Details of the ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students
- Duration: 4 - 14 weeks (negotiable)
- Timing: Usually any time during end May to end August of the same year
- Number of interns per Host Organization: The more the better, subject to the provision of proper coaching / availability of adequate coaches for the student interns.
- Honorarium to be provided by the Host Organization for the student: optional
- Logistics / miscellaneous: Accommodation, transportation, insurance, visa, etc., are to be arranged by the Hong Kong Institutions concerned or the student.
- Targeted students: The scheme aims primarily at local higher education students in Hong Kong at undergraduate level. However, students at postgraduate level, and non-local students studying full-time programmes in Hong Kong, can be included if the Hong Kong Institutions concerned consider it appropriate.
- Selection / placement of student interns: Host Organization can set out specific requirements e.g. preferred academic faculty. Individual Hong Kong Institutions nominate students for the Host Organization’s selection, which can conduct telephone interviews with the candidates before making an offer.
- Job scope: Host Organizations may assign work to the students which they consider appropriate.
- Coaching: Each Host Organization has to assign an officer/manager to provide coaching to each intern.